Allergies are a common occurrence these days, thanks to the pollution, weather change and lifestyle changes. While most allergies are caused by allergens- substances that you are allergic to in particular, others are caused simply due to change in environmental changes. Given below are a few simple home remedies that can keep your allergies in check.
- You can begin by keeping your house and surroundings clean if you are allergic to dust. Keep a room humidifier and avoid rooms without ventilation. Remember to not be the one who is doing the cleaning as the dust might just give you the allergy.
- Castor oil is very helpful with allergies. You can add a few drops of the oil into a cup of water and drink it. You can also add a few drops of the oil into a natural fruit juice and drink the same.
- Garlic, with its pungent odour not only drives away the little annoying flies in the house but also drives away your allergy when you consume a lot of it with your food. Cook your food with garlic everyday for best results. Garlic can also be directly fried using ghee or butter and consumed.
- Ginger is a common lifesaver for a lot of ailments. Allergy is one of them. You could add ginger in your food regularly. You could also add a few pieces of ginger into a glass of warm water and honey. This works great with allergies especially when you bite into the ginger pieces.
- Limejuice isn’t just a thirst quencher but when drank with honey, a great allergy reliever. You could drink a glass of limejuice with honey everyday for 4 to 6 weeks to see good results.
With these simple techniques that you can incorporate at the ease of your home, allergies can be bid goodbye. But do remember to consult your physician if the allergic reactions are very serious.