With the seasonal changes and the rains, stomach upsets are a common see. It could be due to contaminated food or just indigestion. A variety of stomach related problems hence has a variety of herbal and natural products available in the market.
- Licorice (Glycirrhiza glabra) is one of the best supplements for stomach health, specifically for ulcers.
- Ayurveda prescribes peppermint leaf as a natural remedy for stomach and intestinal disorders.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) keeps the digestive system healthy.
- Devil’s claw (Harpagophytum procumbens), a digestive tonic, is among the best natural supplements for stomach health.
- Chamomile oil has traditionally been used for spasm, colic, indigestion, and ulcers.
- Triphla is a well-known Ayurvedic ingredient for stomach health. It is also an excellent detoxifier and bowel cleanser.
- One of the commonly used vitamin supplements for stomach health is Emblica officinalis (Indian gooseberry). Rich in viamin C, it helps reduce acidity and improve immunity.
- Alfa alfa (California clover), an appetite stimulant, may cure indigestion and peptic ulcer.
- Pre and pro-biotics are great for your stomach. They occur naturally in foods like yogurt, but supplements provide a more concentrated source.